Sunday, April 17, 2005

In honor of Sunday

As it is Sunday and I just got done listening to a great sermon, I thought I would get up on my soap box (scary I know).

Many people I have talked to have a problem with Christianity because they look at the crusades, the Inquisition, the actions of the Catholic Church today, and the example of Christians and all they can think of is "hypocrites." This may shock you but I agree. We are all hypocrites at one time or another but this is one of the reasons that I believe in Christianity. It is the very fact that I know I sin that draws me to a forgiving God. The idea that Christians are supposed to be perfect is made up by our secular world and modern day pharisees--pharisees that Jesus called a brood of vipers. Christianity is not about Christians it is all about God. I accept that I sin, do you? I accept that I have a God that has forgiven me, do you? I do not believe myself better than non Christians, do you think yourself better than Christians? If you do, that would be hypocritical.

[R]

(as usual I encourage comments)

4 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliance! Robby I think there is so much truth in what you say. I too know I am a sinner and that is how I can look at so many others, sinners, who have wronged me and still know that they need love. That is what Christ enables us to do.

Jeremiah

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger bluewaterrobby said...

I appreciate the compliment and further insight.

[R]

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True. It's also what makes us different than other religions and to a degree from Catholicism as well. Other religions, such as Hinduism, say you have to make yourself better. You do good deeds and are rewarded by being reincarnated into a higher form until you reach the highest, Nirvana, I think. We realize we can't save ourselves. Really, if they were being consistent, they'd see that they are the ones who really need to obtain perfection, for it is what they place their trust in. Depressing.

~K

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger bluewaterrobby said...

These comments are great!

[R]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google