Monday, May 23, 2005

A birthday, old friends, and sleep debt

Sorry I have not posted in so long but I have been paying off sleep debt so have not had the time. So far my summer has been going swell (a little alliteration there. Oh no! I have been infected by Dr. Smith) All is going well here. We went into DC a few days ago for my 20th birthday. Went to the Supreme Court, walked the mall, sat for a bit in the House and Senate galleries, then had a great dinner at Ruths Chris Steakhouse. I don't know if I should consider it a good thing or not :) but, while waiting to go into the Senate gallery, first Dianne Feinstein then John Kerry passed right by us in the narrow hallway. I assume they were together plotting a Communist takeover. ;) The past few days we have been hanging out with our friends on the boat Danza who we sailed a good chunk of the world with and who stopped for a few days here while sailing their way up to their house in Maine. They are gone now so I have been painting the garage, reading up on Costa Rica, and getting my Fox News fix. I hope you all are having a great summer.

[R]

14 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope yer having fun there!

I haven't heard of that steakhouse, but I'll have to try it one day.

You'll always be my little Robby though!

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am confused. On your birthday you sailed to Costa Rica to eat your old friends John Kerry and Diane Feinstein at Ruths Chris Stackhouse while watching the House and Senate use Dr Smith’s rhetorical principles, and you don’t know whether it is a good thing or not that you sailed half way around the world with some pirates who were hanged out for all to see while traveling to Main?

Wow, you’ve been quite busy for someone catching up on a sleep debit.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger bluewaterrobby said...

I think you have the Dr. Smith syndrome as well

[R]

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me???

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger bluewaterrobby said...

Who is me? At least a clue.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me? Just think Robby-gate. :-)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger bluewaterrobby said...

Robby-gate? I still can't figure it out.

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremiah I presume? Sounds like your summer has been fun so far. :)

~K

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got it. Yep 'tis I. *grin*

-The Black Prince

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger bluewaterrobby said...

I must be dense. :)

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or maybe your brain is on summer break.

-JML

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So have you decided whether to buy a knife or a gun in Costa Rica? I say go for the knife, it is a useful tool as well as a weapon, but then, I'm biased. :)

~K

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger bluewaterrobby said...

I say neither :) Not much of a violent person I guess. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my name does not mean torture. :)

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's probably true, or it could just be that my name fits my personality. :)

~K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google