Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Volcan Arenal

Hola all! Here is an update of our travels...

Nick and I have been doing tons of traveling and tons of school (8:00 till 3:30). Last weekend Nick and I went to visit Volcan Arenal--the third most active volcano in the world (has almost passed up Etna which is second). It was awesome bathing in hot springs at the base of the volcano that had water ranging from 100 to 184 degrees while gazing up the volcanos flanks, looking at smoke pour out of the volcano, and listening to huge balls of magma fly down its face.

We did a ton of hiking close to the volcano (according to our tour guide two and a half kilometers from the base of the volcano) both at night with a tour guide and alone in the daytime. Besides hearing the volcano, seeing fiery balls of magma fly down its face, and its red glow we saw tons of toucans, howler, spider, and white faced monkeys, exotic caterpillars, a three inch hornet, baby snake, tons of lizards, huge butterfly, Montezuma birds, and a sloth.

It was great hiking alone in the rain forrest. A family of monkeys (a father and mother with a baby holding on to her) followed us for quite a while through the jungle. We watched them follow us through the trees for about 20 minutes down the trail. They got within about 50 feet of us at times.

I have decided that Costa Rica is a great place to visit! Maybe when I get back to the states I will be able to post some of my pics. My time is up at the internet cafe so I better cut my post off here. More later...

PURA VIDA!

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...glad to know things are going well...here in Baton Rouge for a 4h thing...chaperoning...lol, you are funny...I was reading your other post from the last day of school...you really wanted to rub that in, didn't you? Oh well, praying for y'all, have a great time and let us know how things are going.
~Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google